I saw this beautiful scene illustrated by taehoon kang (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6aQEwr) and I wanted to try and recreate it in 3D. Coming from a strictly Maya background, I took this opportunity to learn some 3ds Max. All of the lowpoly was done in Max. I did surfacing using Substance Designer, Painter, and generic V-Ray materials I authored. The painting on the canvas was pulled from taehoon kang's original artwork and projected onto the surface. I was on a bit of a time crunch, so I sourced the plant assets from 3dsky and maxtree. Rendering was done in V-Ray. Final comping and color correction in Photoshop. This was my first time working in Max and V-Ray, and also my first time making a full scene, so I hope the finished product looks okay. I learned a lot from this project and going forward have many areas on which I know I can improve. I might come back and work on this some more.